Online verification of a PAN Card is an easy and mandatory procedure that can be completed online. The online verification of a PAN Card is available on certain government websites. Once the details are submitted, the process can be completed.
The Income Tax Department authorized Technologies Limited e-Governance Infrastructure Limited protean to provide PAN card verification services to eligible entities. Online verification of PAN cards is possible with the e-Governance service.
Online PAN Verification of Different Types
Online verification of PAN Cards is possible in three ways:
- Verification of File-Based PAN Card
- Organizations or governments can verify up to 1000 PAN Cards simultaneously.
- After logging in, the user can upload up to 1000 PAN Cards to an account in the same file structure as the Protean of Technologies Limited website.
- Once the file has been uploaded, click on “submit”.
- Within 24 hours, the PAN card details will be displayed on the website.
- The website may reject a request if the user doesn’t follow the uploading instructions.
3. Screen-Based Verification of PAN Cards
4. Screen-Based verification allows you to verify up to five PAN cards at once by using the service.
- Log in to your account.
- Log in and add 5 PAN card details to be verified. Add the numbers to your screen.
- After clicking on “submit”, the details of your PAN will appear on the screen.
5. Software-based PAN card verification
6. You can verify your PAN online using a software program.
PAN Verification with PAN Number
- You can also verify your Pan with only your PAN number using the following steps:
- Step 1: Visit https://eportal.incometax.gov.in/iec/foservices/#/pre-login/verifyYourPAN.
- Step 2 Fill in your details, including your full name, birth date, mobile number, and PAN number.
- Step 3: Click on “Continue”
- Step 4 Enter the OTP sent to your mobile phone number and click on “Validate”.
- Step 5 Follow the steps on this page to complete the process.
How do you verify the PAN card issued by the company?
- UTI Infrastructure Technology and Services Limited ranks among India’s top financial service companies. They are owned and operated by the Government of India. UTIITSL, like NDSL, provides PAN cards to the Indian population that can be applied through their website.
- To verify your identity, visit the UTIITSL PAN website. Log in using your credentials. After logging in, you can select the option to verify the PAN card. The results will be displayed on the website.
Section 194N: Verification of Applicability
Below are the steps required to verify Applicability as per Section 194N.
Step 1: Visit https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal.
Step 2Click the ‘TDS on Cash Withdrawal’ button.
Step 3 Enter the PAN number and mobile number’.
Step 4:Agree with the declaration and click on “Continue”
Step 4 Enter the OTP sent to your registered mobile phone number and click on “Continue”.
Step 4 The deductible percentage of TDS will appear.
e-Verify Returns via Aadhaar
- The ITR must be uploaded to the official Income Tax eFiling website to verify the returns via Aadhaar. After uploading the returns, you’ll need to select the verification type. Select the option to send an Aadhaar OTP to your registered mobile number. After the OTP is entered, you can verify the returns.
PAN Verification Eligibility
- Below is a list listing all individuals and groups eligible for PAN verification.
- The following entities are eligible to use the PAN verification facility:
- RBI approves payment banks
- Central Vigilance Commission
- Stamp and Registration Department
- Reserve Bank of India
- Income Tax Projects
- Agency of the State and Central Government
- Goods and Service Tax Network
- Clearing Corporations/Commodity Exchanges/Stock Exchanges
- Entities that are required to provide Statement of Financial Transaction/Annual Info Return
- Companies are required to produce a Statement of Financial Transaction/Annual Return.
- Educational Institutions established by Regulatory Bodies
- Central KYC Registry
- RBI approves credit information agencies
- Participants in the Depository
- The authorities issue the DSC
- National Pension System’s Central Recordkeeping Agency
- Institutions that issue credit cards
- Mutual Funds
- Insurance Repository
- Insurance Company
- Housing Finance Companies
- RBI approves Prepaid Payment Instrument Issuers
- RBI approves NBFCs
- SEBI Investment Advisor
Register Online for PAN Verification
- Information about how to pay for the Online Pan Card Verification
- Modal payment
- To be paid
- Number of the instrument
2. Organizational details required to register for online PAN number verification
- Name of the entity
- Category of the entity
- Contact details
- Additional personal details
3. Digital Signature Certificate details are required to register for PAN Verification.
- Digital Signature Certificate Class
- Name of the certifying body
- Serial Number for Digital Signature Certificate
Documents required for online PAN verification
- Below is a list of documents you must submit:
- A letter of authorization on company letterhead.
- The terms and conditions are printed on the company letterhead.
- Copy of the entity’s PAN Card copy. You must submit two copies and have them signed by an authorized entity.
- Declaration of Entities. You must submit two copies and have them signed by an authorized entity.
- Certificate of incorporation. You must submit two copies and have them signed by an authorized entity.
- The regulatory body has issued a license/certificate copy. You must submit two copies and have them signed by an authorized entity.
- For applicable charges, you can pay by cheque or demand draft. Protean of Technologies Limited – TIN must receive the cheque or demand draft..
Monitoring the Status of Registration
A registered organization can verify its status online by using the acknowledgement number. A message indicating the success of the registration will be displayed along with the User ID. If it is rejected, a message will be displayed to indicate that.
Authorization for Registration
The Income Tax Department must approve the registration of an entity to verify PAN online. Protean of Technologies Limited egov will forward the registration request to the Income Tax Department once the applicant has registered for the facility. This is provided that the applicant completed all forms, submitted the correct documents, and made a successful payment. After authorization, the applicant will receive an 8-digit User ID. The registration fees will be refunded if the Income Tax Department rejects a request to register.
FAQs about PAN Verification
How can an entity renew its PAN verification device?
Yes. An entity can renew its PAN verification online. To do this, log in to the official website using the user ID and digital signature. Next, the entity must choose the “Renewal of Facility” option and click “Submit”.
Do I have to provide my full name to verify my PAN?
You will need to provide your first, middle, and last names for verification purposes.
How can I find my PAN?
Yes. You can visit the official website of the Department of Income Tax, Government of India and click on the section now your PAN ‘. You will need to enter your status (if applicable) – whether you are an individual or a Hindu Undivided Family, company, government, association of persons, etc. surname, middle and first names, gender, date, birth, mobile number, and gender. You will receive the details once you click Submit’.
Is there a Swachh Bharat Cess (SBC) for PAN verification?
Yes, Swachh Bharat Cess will be available at 0.5%. All types of verification will require you to pay Rs.60
Do I have to pay an initial deposit for PAN verification?
An initial deposit will be required to confirm your wishes.
How can I access this facility?
This facility is only available to entities registered at the Protean of Technologies Limited eGov website. After that, they will need to submit details about their organization, digital signature certificate and payment. Other than these, entities must submit documents such as an authorization letter, terms & conditions on company letterhead, copy or certificate from the regulatory body (if applicable), incorporation Certificate, demand draft/ cheque for applicable fees to ‘Protean eGov Technologies Limited – TIN’. After the authorities have received the fees and documents, the application will be forwarded to the Income Tax Department. After approval, an ID is issued to the registered entity. This allows online verification of PAN.
Does anyone know of a software/solution to verify bulk PANs?
Yes, you can use software to verify bulk PAN numbers. It is listed as one of three verification methods on the Protean of Technologies Limited website. Software (API-based PAN Verification) is the name of this facility. It allows users to verify their Permanent Account Number (PAN) online.
Track the status of your registration for online PAN verification.
Anyone attempting to register online for PAN verification can check their registration status using the acknowledgment number provided. A message indicating the success of the registration will appear on the screen, along with the user ID. A message is displayed if the registration is declined.
How much does it cost to register for online PAN verification?
All three verification methods are subject to online PAN verification. Each method’s annual registration fees are Rs.1200, excluding Goods & Service Tax (GST).
How long can I use this facility?
It can be used for one year after you have registered online for PAN verification.